Have you ever thought of your daily coffee mug as a health elixir and not just as a source of pleasure and energy?
Below you will find everything a cup of coffee can do for your body and mind:
The first 10 minutes:
- The caffeine enters your bloodstream increasing your heart rate and blood pressure.
- The caffeine makes you feel less tired by connecting to your brain’s adenosine receptors
- You become more alert and focused.
- Your body starts to produce more adrenaline. This can lead to sharper vision because your pupils dilate slightly.
- The level of serotonin in your body begins to rise. This improves the functioning of the motor neurons which, in their turn, increase muscle strength.
- Caffeine can increase the rate at which your cells release energy. When this happens, your body starts to break down fats, even if you don’t move.
- Caffeine also stimulates and increases the production of stomach acids.